Frequently Asked Questions Inflatable Event Professionals
Inflatable Event Professionals in Tacoma

Your Safety & Fun Are #1

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for your Inflatable Event Professionals in Tacoma

Where is the best location for the inflatable?

The best location will be an open, flat (nothing more than an 8-inch difference in height from one end to the other), grassy area with no overhead trees or power lines. We will use stakes & sandbags on grass to secure the Inflatable. If we are setting up on concrete or a black top, sandbags will be used.

How much space do I need?

The inflatables vary in size. You should have at least 5' of additional space. That means allowing (25'x20') for our standard (21'x13') Bounce House. Some of the units need more space and will be discussed at the time of reservation. A GFCI electrical outlet must be available within 50-100 feet of where unit will be placed.

Do I need to prepare the area?

The site should be cleared of large debris, sharp sticks, stones and animal waste. Residential sprinkler system should be in the off position especially if the unit will remain on property overnight.  No units can be setup on an unprepared site location. If the site preparation needs to be completed by our employees, there will be site preparation fee starting at $25.00 (depending on the severity of the cleanup needed).

Sprinkler Systems
Inflatable Event Professionals is not liable for any damage done to sprinkler systems; customer will be responsible for letting our Drivers know where they are to avoid any damage. For overnight rentals sprinkler systems must be turned off to avoid water damage to our equipment. Please don't water your lawn 48 hours prior to the set-up time.
What type of ground surfaces will we set-up on?
We will set up on grass, dirt, concrete and asphalt. We will not set up on rocks, wood chips or mulched areas. If possible, all inflatables and tents will be staked in the ground for safety.  If staking is not possible, additional sandbags will be used in lieu of stakes.  Set-up location and conditions are the responsibility of the customer and must be identified upon placing rental reservation and cannot be modified once the driver has left the warehouse.  IEP Inflatable Event Professionals Is not responsible for damage to underground cabling and/or utilities.
Underground Utilites. Where are they located?
Our delivery staff will need to stake/anchor the inflatable/games into your ground using 18 - 24-inch anchors. it is advised that you contact your local utility company at least 4 days before we come out, to survey & mark your utility lines before we stake our inflatables into your ground. You can go or call 811 to speak with your local utility company and setup an appointment. It is a free service offered by your local utility company. Inflatable Event Professionals cannot be responsible if our anchors/stakes puncture’s your underground utilities. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to know where underground pipes and utilities are located and to show us at the time of installation

Will the unit damage my lawn?

We cannot guarantee that there will be no effect on your lawn. Due to the weight of the Bounce House and depending on the length of time the bounce is in use, flattened grass is common but not permanent. If you are renting a Water Slide you will have a wet yard.  We put down tarps so that the damage to your lawn is minimized.

How does the Bounce House stay inflated?

 The Inflatable has a fan that plugs into a standard GFCI electrical outlet. The Blower/Fan units high output ensures proper firmness for the Bounce House.  The Inflatable must be placed within 75 feet of this outlet and requires a dedicated circuit.

How big is a Bounce house?
Please note the space required for each bounce house (listed on our website) as some are VERY big and require extra space. When in doubt, measure your space to make sure it will fit. Bounce houses need room to be staked and they need room for the blower and can´t rub against walls or trees as this may damage the jump.  The sizes listed with each bounce house include the space needed for stakes etc. Our inflatables need to be set-up on a flat surface.  If you have stairs, a tiered or sloped yard, please call our office to discuss options for setup.

How many people can play in a Bounce House at one time?

Kids of similar sizes must bounce together - It is important not to let your 3-year-old bounce with your 10-year-old and their friends.  It has been our experience that teenagers and 10-year-old boys are not the most careful of creatures; and we do not want your little ones to get injured.  
Each unit has individual requirements regarding the number of bouncers allowed and weight limits and is listed on our website.  

What about the bounce houses? Any special requirements?
Check the requirements listed with each jump. Also, make sure you have at least a 5´ access to the area where it will be set up. The jumps can weigh up to 650 pounds, so we need a clear flat path with ample room from where we park our truck to the set-up area.
Operating Procedure
Please refer to all instructions and guidelines listed on the paperwork that comes along with your rental contract. We also provide a Customer Reference book for each rental that contains a copy of your rental agreement, a copy of the safety rules, extreme weather instructions and a copy of our Safety permit from the State of Washington. The reference book is dropped off with the bouncer and is picked up with the unit at the end of the event.  It is important that all users follow the rules and instructions listed on agreement and in the Customer Reference Book.

Are your inflatables safe & clean?

Yes. Inflatable Event Professionals inflatables are constructed with quality and safety in mind! All of Inflatable Event Professionals units are constructed from commercial grade 18 to 21 oz. vinyl, with double stitching. All of the materials are fire retardant. The windows of the bounces are made of specially designed mesh netting, which allows for easy viewing and minimizes the chances of getting entangled.

All of our inflatables are cleaned and inspected after every rental and are routinely completely disinfected. We are committed to making sure that your children are playing in a clean, healthy, and safe environment.  

Does Inflatable Event Professionals have liability-insurance?

Absolutely.  We are insured and able to provide our customers with a certificate of insurance.  If you need to be added to our certificate as an additional insured, there may be an additional charge for this service.  We need two weeks advanced notice if you need to be added to our insurance policy. 

Can the inflatables be setup indoors?

Yes, our units can be set up inside or outside! You will need to have enough ceiling height (about 18’-20’) to accommodate most inflatables although we have some shorter units. The inflatable cannot be set up near hot lights, fire prevention equipment, air conditioning vents, or any fire hazard.  Many gymnasiums, halls, churches, malls, or locations with sufficient height will do just fine.  

Can you set-up in a park or other locations?

The customer is responsible for obtaining proper permission and/or permits for equipment rented and placed in parks or other public locations.  We use 18 to 24 inch stakes to anchor our inflatable units to the ground. Please verify with the park if stakes are allowed or let us know that sandbags will have to be used to anchor the units.  An electrical outlet must be available within 75 feet of the party site.  If no electricity is available, a generator will be required.  We do have generators available for rent in our party supply section. If proof of insurance is required, please allow 5 business days for processing requests. For your convenience all of Pierce County parks as currently listed on our insurance policy as additional insureds. 

For delivery to all parks there is a Park Fee of $125.00 that will be added to your order.  Requests for Park setups require a credit card deposit and a copy of your photo ID to be received prior to the setup of your event.

What kind of power supply is needed for a bounce house/slide combo?

Bounce houses/slide combos plug into a standard GFCI 110 household outlet. We will supply the cord, and we ask that nothing else be plugged into the outlet we are utilizing. Placement of the Bounce house/slide combo should be no more than 75ft from that outlet.    

What should I do if I lose power or have another problem?

The unit will start to deflate when there is a loss of electrical power. Should this happen it is important to stay calm. The individual(s) supervising the event should help all users safely but quickly exit the unit. Once everyone has exited check to see if the power to the blower has been interrupted and make sure the power switch on the blower is in the "ON" position.  
Interrupted power is the primary source of inflatable failures. Should the blowers provided to you stop working, immediately remove the children playing in or on it. Then check the circuit breaker to see if it has tripped. If the circuit breaker has tripped, try to identify and isolate any other equipment from the circuit before resetting the breaker. 
Immediately call our office 253-353-9797 with any concerns regarding personnel or equipment.  In case of a real emergency, dial 911.

How much electricity do I need?

Our Bounce Houses are inflated using a fully enclosed electric blower unit that is powered by a standard 110 volt, 15 AMP, three-prong electrical outlet.  Each blower draws roughly 9-10 Amps (1,000 -1,100w) and some larger units use multiple blowers. Each blower will need to be on a separate circuit. Electricity is needed within 75 feet of the inflatable. These motors run constantly to keep the unit inflated so constant ample power will be required.

Concession equipment should not be placed on the same power source.   The units are powered by a standard 110 volt, 20 AMP, three-prong electrical outlet. Each machine requires between 7-11 Amps (900-1,300w).

A generator may be used to power the units if enough outlets/power is not available.  Please see the Party Extra section of our website to add a generator to your order. 

Do we have to keep it plugged in the entire time?

Yes, a blower keeps air in the bounce unit, if un-plugged or powered off the unit will deflate.  That´s why we require an outlet within 75 feet of the unit or a generator. Longer cords can pop your circuit breaker so we bring our own heavy duty cords.

What about parks? Do parks have electricity?

We love setting up at parks, but most parks do NOT have electricity. If you want to set up at a park, you must rent a generator. We rent generators at a reasonable cost. Also, parks are first come, first serve so get your spot early in the day. And to make it easier for you, we have added all Pierce County Parks as an additional insured to our insurance policy.
Can I use my own generator? 

Unfortunately, the answer is no.  To properly ensure the safety of your guests and our equipment we need to be able to verify the safety of the equipment.  You will be required to rent one of our generators if a generator is needed.
What if we need to cancel or change my reservation?

Please check our General Information Tab for details.

Can we see a copy of your contract and safety rules?

 Yes, there is a link in your receipt once you've ordered, copies are also provided on the day of the party in our Customer Reference Book or you may contact our office.

Additional information

Please check our General Information Tab for additional information regarding the following:








 Damage information


 Additional Fees that may be accessed